Wednesday, February 23, 2011

13 weeks

Second trimester Baby!!  No bleeding, cramping or loss of symptoms.  I *think* this means baby is sticking around.  I’m still not totally convinced but I am a little more sure. My belly is growing.  It’s hard not to notice.  DSC_0014

Nursing Miss K isn’t as painful as it has been but I’ve noticed her latch isn’t very good.  She uses her teeth a little bit and I get the imprints when she pulls off. 

I have the Adventures of Tandem Nursing to read through to see if there are any tricks to getting better latching from toddlers.  I have taken to asking her to open wide but she thinks it’s funny so will usually laugh while she’s doing it. 

My pregnancy sickness is all but gone.  I’m very pleased with that.  I just need to keep on top of eating properly and I should have no more nausea. 

I *think* I felt movement but still cannot be sure.  The paranoid part of me says there’s no baby and I’m just bloated.  The excited part of me thinks it is.  It happened around about where the baby should be floating so I’m going to say yes I’ve felt baby move. 

I finally received my Nicnaps.  Nicky does lovely work.  I stuck with the ‘classic’ nappy because I don’t know what I’m having yet.  I didn’t want to jinx myself by getting something fancy and embroidered.  It’s hard to do unisex.  Even these are a little more on the boy side than I would consider unisex (although the yellow one is pretty unisex to me).

DSCF8003 

They are cute non-the-less.  And so tiny!  I’ve never had small nicnaps before.  I love them.

While I haven’t officially told anyone but my mother, she has a big mouth (God love her) and she has told my brothers. No doubt they have told my dad.  He’s been going through some things so they may not have yet.  But give it time.

I also haven’t told the kids yet.  I’m not sure what they think of the ‘Birth’ books flooding into the house. 

I bought Miss K some board books.  I got her Waiting for baby, My New Baby, and I’m a Big Sister.  What I love about the first two is that they are very ‘natural’. In My new Baby the baby Breastfeeds and is carried in a baby carrier (looks like a Mai Tei).  In I’m a Big Sister, the baby is bottle fed.  I didn’t know this before I bought it.  I want to normalise breastfeeding for Miss K.  I think it’s important for her to feel natural about it so she doesn’t feel embarrassed with her choices when she Breastfeeds.  Big expectations from a book but I think it’s great.  

I also bought a few books for myself.  Birthing from within, Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth, and  Home Birth: A Practical Guide.

These will be my bibles for the next 6 months. 

I have my first meeting with the Independent Midwives next Thursday with a friend of mine who is due the month after me.  So exciting.  I can’t wait to meet them.  I also have a hospital booking in appointment on 26th of March so I’ll ask them if they think I should attend.  The less time I spend in the hospital the better for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment