Wednesday, March 2, 2011

14 weeks

 

Well I am well into the Second Trimester!  YAY!

I had a bit of a panic on Monday so I went to the Dr’s. I have been feeling worse than my first trimester sickness and so, so lathargic so I thought I better go ahead and get checked out.

I probably should have had my bloods drawn again to check my iron levels but my blood pressure was good and I managed to calm down after the Dr got the doppler out.  She was digging around on my left side with it and found a heart beat.  She said ‘is that the baby?’ Ummmmm you’re the Dr.  I said ‘no, that’s too slow, it’s me’.  She said ‘oh yes that makes sense’ and starts digging around on the right side where she picks up a heart beat again.  This time it is a little faster so I said ‘that sounds much better’ and she said ‘yes, 160 bpm, that is definitely the baby’.  So even though she worried me with her questions about my heart flow, I was reassured when the doppler picked up bub. 

I wasn’t able to meet with my midwives this morning because Miss K started vomiting at 1am this morning and didn’t stop for a few hours.  I am extremely tired but worried about her.  She has very running bottom end stuff.  She seems otherwise happy and wanted something to eat earlier. I just hope it doesn’t come back up.  I didn’t want to spread it to my friends child’.  As the meeting was set up at her place because we’re both having the same Midwives attending our birth (She’s a month behind me so no fighting),  I decided not to go today.  I’ve rescheduled to Sunday week.

I also rescheduled my Hospital book in appointment.  I realised it was on my work day so I asked they change it.  Instead of the 29 March they changed it to next Monday.  Awesome.  I wonder what crap you get in the bounty bag these days.  Probably more propaganda for Target, Heinz and Johnson & Johnson’s.  I would really love to get a bag with a nice fluffy MCN, some organic baby wash or some moo goo milk bath and some cloth breastpads.  Maybe some organic snacks to try for my nursing space.  Oh and some iron pills for after the birth.

I’m trying to figure out a way that I can go swimming.  By myself!!! This is probably only possible on Wed since that is the day when all my children are at school and child care.  I’d rather go more than that but I’ll take what I can get at this stage. I thought exercising by swimming will probably be less hard on me than exercising in the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment