Sunday, March 13, 2011

15 Weeks 5 days

I can’t believe how quickly this pregnancy is passing by.  It’s probably because I am not really counting down to anything except the birth.  I will be getting the 20 week Morph scan but it’s not a high priority this time.  I want it to be quick and if they can tell me the sex while doing a quick test then great, but if not, I wont be miserable. 

I met with some midwives yesterday. They are lovely ladies but I’m not sure if they’re the ones for me.  I am going to meet with a Doula and have a chat and see if this is more the model of support I’d prefer.  I never thought I would consider freebirth but it seems I will and I am. 

My only concern is infection afterward. This seems to be a running thing with me.  Have a baby, get a post-birth infection by day 3.  My last one was the worst and I ended up calling an ambulance at 4am in the morning because I couldn’t walk for the pain.  So I’m going to see what I can do at home to ensure infection stays away. 

I guess not having people touching my vagina after birth would help.  In all the children I have had, I’ve never torn so I don’t believe I will have a problem with it so people can stay away from my vagina. 

I’m making a pact with myself to be a better mother.  I have fallen off the block with parenting.  I am not a present parent so I am going to try my darnedest to get back into a parenting frame of mind.  Today I’m painting with the wee girl.  This afternoon I will oversee homework properly.  I will not sit in front of the computer all day.  I will cook a wholesome dinner.  I will also order shopping online because I think this would be the easiest way to keep up with a proper meal plan.  So those are my goals for the day. 

I’ve felt the baby move ever so softly so I think I have an anterior placenta.  I could be wrong and just have lots of fat but I’m pretty sure what I’m feeling is much lighter than how I felt Miss K.  I guess I will find out in 4 weeks when I have the scan.  I’ll keep you posted on the results and whether I am finally in tune with my body enough to make such guesses about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment