Wednesday, March 23, 2011

17 weeks 2 days

I think it’s time for a belly shot.  It would be better to get it in the morning before I bloat. 

Here it is:

DSC_0425

 

I can definitely feel movement now, and if I lay flat on my back and press down on my uterus I usually get a big one to tell me to get off.  So cute.  I’ve decided I don’t have an anterior placenta hahaha. 

I told the boys about it last week. Mr 8  said ‘cool, I hope it’s a boy’ and  Mr 7  didn’t make much of a remark at all.  I didn’t expect a huge reaction though.  I’m sure Mr 7  will be all grins when the baby is here.

I had the first of a series of photographs taken. I’m helping a woman set up her photography website by having my belly shot taken over the next 23 weeks.  It will be once a month and then a newborn shot.  I get the storyboard of the belly shots and a newborn photo for free.  I can’t wait to see her work.  I have my next appointment mid April so should be a little more showy by then.

The same day in April I have my 20 week morph scan.  I’m a bit nervous, as I think most are but especially nervous since two women who I was pregnant with, with my last baby, have found out their babies were incompatible with life at 20 weeks, this time.  One of them is a wonderful friend who is going through her induced birth today.  I have a candle set up to light today for her baby.  I feel horrible for her.  This makes me nervous.  She has had 3 healthy children and then this.  Which makes me question whether I am allowed a 4th healthy child also.  It’s just a sweeping thought but still in the back of my mind.  I’ll be making sure they tell me anything they know at the scan so that there are no lingering questions about the baby’s health.   ‘

I’m holding off on buying anything for the baby until I know what I’m having.  I’ve got the nappies sorted, just waiting on a few from a lady who has asked me to test her pattern.  Her machine went to Janome heaven so it has taken longer than it should but really, I don’t need them for a while, so as long as I get them, I’ll be happy. 

My homebirth: 

This is turning into what other’s describe as a free birth.  I think I mentioned it in my last post.  I haven’t met with the Doula yet but I will next week.  The more I read about free birth, the less afraid of it I am.  There is that small amount of fear that something would go wrong if I chose not the have a medical professional with me but I think that is just because I’m so used to birth being medicalised that I expect that if I’m going to be ‘naughty’ and not go to hospital, or have a RN Midwife attend, that I am somehow doomed.  It is something I will need to work on.  3.5 hours of labour with Miss Princess and almost didn’t make it to hospital. She was perfect and had no complications at all. The only reason I decided not to have a homebirth was because the apartment I lived in was not my home and it felt dirty and tainted with betrayal.  This time it is different.  It is the house my Grandmother bought when she moved here.  It is clean and filled with love.  There are no ill feelings that are connected to this house.  I think it’s perfect. 

Back to Present Parenting:

My new invention of Parenting better has sort of kicked off.  I’m starting to be more present for Miss Princess.  Although right now she is watching Playhouse Disney while I have my morning coffee.  I’ll be taking her out the back to the slide soon, before it gets too hot.  I have joined the kids up to Swimming classes and will start them in Dance next Monday.  I am determined to let them explore these two things which they love to do independently. 

Money is a bit tight so the swimming thing is becoming an issue.  Getting the kids in on the same day, or even the same time (there about) is a problem because they have different levels of skills.  I’ve finally found a squad that will get them in the same day but they require 2 months payment in advance, which I just don’t have right now.  I’ll be calling them to see if they can give me a payment arrangement for the next few weeks and then I’ll pay the remainder.  It’s not that I can’t afford it, it’s just that I needed to know in advance so I can budget properly.

I’ve been baking, and trying to shop healthier.  The kids go through snacks like they might never get any again so I’m trying to keep up with homemade stuff.  The store bought stuff, while expensive, aren’t that great.  So I’ve told them I’ll buy them one box each of store bought snacks and that has to last a week for school. The rest will be homemade (which are yummier anyway).

Today’s mission:

  • Reduce dirty laundry pile
  • Bake Lemon and Passionfruit slice
  • Sweep and mop floors
  • Make Pizza Dough for tomorrow night

No comments:

Post a Comment