Tuesday, April 5, 2011

19 weeks



I can’t believe I’m almost halfway there.  It has flown by.  I’m now at the stage where I can feel the baby and my uterus quite easily.  And I’m getting Braxton Hicks already.  I feel my uterus tighten into a rock.  This might sound weird but I always love that stage. 

The father is finally starting to warm to the idea.  All I can say is meh.  He started throwing names out there, ridiculous names.  Names that don’t fit with our existing children.  None of our kids have Spanish names, but he decided now would be a good time to have a kid with a Spanish name.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Spanish names, but not for my kids, and not when all the other kids have fairly traditional English names.  If that’s the stuff he’s coming up with, he is not going to have any say in naming this one.  Apparently one was chosen because of a character in Mortal Combat…. OMG NO!  I know he’s a game-head and all but really? After a character that probably rips people’s spines out, or sets them on fire?  Not in my lifetime. 

I find out if it’s a boy or a girl next week.  It’s making things slow down a bit.  I’m putting in my bets for a girl.  Simply because of past experience.  With my boys I couldn’t stop eating, with my one girl I can barely remember to eat.  This one is similar to the one girl so that’s where my logic lies.  Besides, the last 3 children the man has had have been girls…. I think it’s his diet of curry, curry and more curry.

I went and interviewed a Doula on Monday.   She was great.  I hope she wants to attend my birth.  I think she would be great at keeping an eye out.  And she is very easy to talk to.  It looks like things are falling into place (I hope). 

I’m waiting for ‘The Business of Being Born’ to arrive.  I really want to watch it on my big screen TV.  For those who are interested in watching it online, you can see the entire movie (broken up into parts) here.

I’m off to take Miss K to swimming lessons.  Then home to bake a pound cake for the man’s birthday (yes I’m nice that way) and Chili for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment