Monday, May 2, 2011

23 weeks

DSC_0762
Excuse the shirt that doesn’t quite make it over my bump.  I’m having a lot of trouble with these ‘maternity’ shirts. I still wear them because Miss K still nurses and they are the only ones that have the nursing bra built in.  So this is me at 23 weeks (24 if you go by the Ultrasound).
Today I’m feeling quite ill.  I feel nauseous and tired.  I haven’t had morning sickness in quite a few weeks so I expect this might be something I ate.  Or not enough water.  I’ll drink heaps today and hope that it cures me.  The baby has been kicking up a storm all night and morning.  It’s quite disruptive and distracting.  I hope everything is going great in there.  Maybe my stomach is making the baby uncomfortable?
I have hired my Doula and expect another meet up soon.  I should write down my questions.  I need to get a list of things together for the birth.  Things like old towels, cord ties, stuff to steralise with, shower curtains for the bed.  I’m also thinking something for post birth and healing.  Here’s a list I’ve found through a parenting forum.  I’m also looking at some of these Blissful Herbs for after birth healing, which I may need to use in a baby bath because I don’t have a bathtub at this house.   The rest I hope to discuss with my Doula to find out her experience of what people found most useful.  I’m still not sold on the Lotus Birth but it will depend on how I feel after having the baby. 
Here’s something I did this morning while trying to get my stomach to settle.  I think it’s really sweet.  It was inspired by Prompt 27 over at Scrap that Baby.  I didn’t make the competition deadline but that’s ok. I love it so that’s prize enough for me.
I’ll also post this over at my crafty blog. 
Baby-4-Ultrasound

No comments:

Post a Comment