So I want to document the fact that my boobs HURT!! I’m still feeding Miss K and Wow are my girls being temperamental. I thought it was Miss K’s latch but I then fixed that problem only to be met with her top teeth. Fixed that. Then it seemed to hurt just because. Like my milk ducts were being sucked out through my nipples. Oh the pain.
You’d think this would have prompted me to open ‘The adventures of Tandem Nursing’ but nooooo I need to be stubborn and figure it out myself. Only thing is that as the weeks go by it hurts more.
And then today as I was cringing at the thought of feeding her again she latched on and I didn’t feel a thing… well not quite true, a little twinge as she latched but after that no problems.
What is going on? I can’t seem to win. I feel like I’m being set up by my boobs. I’ll finally feel comfortable and nursing will no longer hurt and then BAAM! Back to excruciating again.
I’m giving it another 2 months. If by 34 weeks I’m in pain I will have to wean her until after baby is born and just hope that she doesn’t forget how to latch. I don’t know which will be more painful. The screaming that refusing her will bring or the 5 minutes of pain at the breast? I guess I’ll have to re-evaluate at a later stage. For now I’m going to hope that whatever happened today, continues and I no longer get pain while feeding.
No comments:
Post a Comment