Tuesday, June 21, 2011

29 weeks

It’s been a while since I updated this.  I’ve been busy getting ready.  Reading (or attempting to read with a toddler turning pages for me), getting my supplies ready and buying a new car.

I bought a Mitsubishi Pajero to fit us all in.  It’s pretty nice.  Older but low km’s and works a treat.  Not too happy about the forgotten window tint that I have to go back and get today.  Wouldn’t be a drama if the dealership wasn’t on the other side of the city.  Thankfully my brother is coming with me so at least I wont be stuck their for 3 hours.  The kids love it.

I also bought a strider plus toddler.  To be honest, I don’t ‘plan’ on using it that often but there are times when I really don’t want to carry children.  And even though I have the toddler attachment I will probably use it more for Miss K while I carry baby, so wont have the attachment on it that often.  It’s pretty and teal… and that’s what counts right? Folds up nicely, but I don’t know how well it will fit in the back when both rows are up. There’s not much room when I have it set up as a 7 seater.  I’ll work it out anyway. 

I am looking pretty HUGE.  I took pics this week and did a photoshop to compare with Miss K’s bump during the same time.

Here it is

Bump comparison

Needless to say I am starting to feel uncomfortable when walking ….‘ehem’ waddling.

I leave work on 22 July.  Woot.  I can’t wait for the break.  No 5.30am wake ups and rushing out of the house just before 7 to get everyone to their respective care places in time for me to NOT miss the too early after 7 train.   And now they’ve pushed my afternoon train out 10 minutes which means I have to wait an extra 30 minutes at the train station to get home just in time to waddle to my car and pick up Miss K before the daycare closes.

In the meantime I’ll probably be taking on some overtime to help lighten the load in prep for myself and another employee to go on mat leave.  Now I just have to work out how long I want off.  I want 12 months but will settle with 9 months.  Would like little boy on solid food before I leave him at childcare.  And I’d like a month to transition him. Fingers crossed I get as much as I want.

Oh, I finally had to say goodbye to my belly ring.  The pic above is the last one with it in. I took it out the next day.  Even though it was a silicone bar, it was still causing pain and swelling so I said goodbye and took it out.  It feels 100 times better now.  Given that I have 10 weeks or so left, I can’t imagine how bad it would get.  And I wasn’t willing to find out.  I had images of it splitting down the middle of the hole… eeek.  Not something I want to think about again.  I probably wont get it re-done when I’ve had bub.  Lets face it, I’m 30 and it’s had a long good life.  6 years.  I was told it would fall out after 5 so I got an extra year.  How stupid to get attached to a piercing.

Miss K is out wetting EVERY cloth nappy I have.  I’m on selling some of them and have just bought some new ones which work better but she’s still wetting through after 2 hours.  So I’m switching her to disposables for daycare and outings and using cloth at home.  I think I’ve done pretty well.  She’s spent most of her life in cloth.  I just can’t handle the washing the leaks are producing.  Belly boy will be fully cloth’d from birth, so that’s something to look forward to.

I’ve been op-shopping for supplies for my home birth.  So far I have a sieve, a container for the placenta, towels and a shower curtain for the bed.  I’m thinking of getting another shower curtain for the couch just in case.  Now to just figure out my hot water system. It doesn’t stay hot for long and its a small system. I am *hoping* it can be changed to produce more hot water.  Otherwise I’ll need more hands on support.

I’ve finally got my arse into gear and have been reading Birthing from within.  I skipped the art stuff.  I understand it’s purpose but I’m not interested right now.  I want the info.  I doubt I’ll do birth art, but if I do it will be when I’m on maternity leave. 

I still have 4 or 5 books to get through as well, so I better keep chugging along and reading instead of watching TV or sitting on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment