I have a new car!!! A Mitsubishi Pajero 7 seater Wagon. It’s lovely. And huge compared to my Astra Compact Sedan. It will definitely fit all the kids comfortably. Now to just get a baby seat. I’ve booked in to kidsafe to hire one of their capsules. It will be installed on the 1st Aug. I’ll have it for 6 months so wont need to worry about upgrading for a while.
I have one week until Maternity leave. Only problem is my son burned his arm 2 weeks ago so I’ve been at home caring for him and taking him back and forth to the hospital. He had surgery on Wed and I have a Dr’s note until 22nd (which is my last day at work) but I feel so horrible that I am going to send him to school on Tuesday and just give strict instructions that he is to stay indoors and have indoor play. No roughhousing or playing outside. If that is followed on Tuesday then I will do it again on Friday. I really don’t want to give them another week, but I feel my guilt will probably give in and I’ll offer.
I have a temporary birth pool. By temporary I mean it was broken by the last couple who used it so it is purely for testing purposes. I need to see how long it takes to inflate and fill up, and how long it will stay warm. I’ll be off to Bunning’s this morning for a new hose to use. Might see if I can get an attachment for the shower head. Hopefully the new pool will arrive soon.
One of my beautiful friends is organising my Blessingway. I’ve told her not to make it too full on. It would just be nice to have a morning tea with all my friends. It’s rare that they are all in the same space on the same day. I’ll be getting my belly painted (cute). It’s huge right now. Excuse the fuzzy photo. This was taken on Monday at the burn clinic while waiting for the surgeon to decide what he wanted to do with N’s burn. My oldest took it on my very scratched phone camera.
My poor boy after Surgery on Wed (13/7/11). Took him a while to come out of anaesthesia fog and he did not like that there was a cannula in his arm (He went to sleep before they put it in so I don’t think he realised it was in there until the nurse took it out).
I finished the baby mobile for baby. It will go above the change table. Miss K pulled the light blue one off so I’ll have to reattach it. Serves me right for leaving it on the dining room light fixture within arms reach. It will be repaired today and put up where it belongs.
I have the sidecar (cot attached to bed) almost ready. I just have to cut a piece of foam to fit under the mattress and a piece that will wedge the mattress against the bed. I bought a mattress from IKEA but it turns out it is too small. I then went and purchased the proper sized mattress from Bubs Baby shop but with the IKEA mattress underneath it is too high. So off to Clark’s Rubber I went to get a piece of foam. Ended up cheaper getting one of their single foam mattresses so I now have to cut it in half along the base and then cut it to size to fit inside the cot. I’m thinking of finding a musical cot attachment. I remember using the Ocean Wonder’s Soother to get the boys to sleep when they were babies so I think that’s the way I want to go. I don’t like dangly mobiles on top of cots (I used one with Master J when he was a baby). I prefer the not so invasive lights and music on the side of the cot wall.
I bought a strider Plus with toddler seat. Miss K HATES sitting in it. I’m not surprised as she’s never really spent much time in a pram before. It was a total impulse buy while I was at Bubs Baby shop. At the moment I just can’t carry her anymore. It’s too much strain on my already very slack abdominal muscles. She’s only ridden in the front part. I’m sure she’s going to hate the back part even more if I put her in it lol. It will probably only be for walks while I get my body used to carrying 2 kids.
It’s this one:
I bought a couple of wraps and a Dream carrier as well. So much for using my existing stash. Here’s the Dream carrier on it’s way to me.
Here are the wraps I bought: (images from wrapsody site) Stella and a Water wrap for summer.
This is my existing stash but I have a feeling I’ll be selling some.
This is to help me birth. hahaha. I probably wont end up using it but it’s supposed to be helpful. I got it in a flat disc to hold during labour. It is pretty and small enough to fit in my palm but I dare say I’ll forget about it or drop it in the moment.
I’ve tentatively invited my brother’s fiancé to the birth. I’ve warned her that I may change my mind and not call until afterward but if I feel I need extra support I’ll invite her. My Doula will be there and mum will be there so it might get crowded. It just depends on whether the kids are awake or asleep. I might get them some waterproof torch’s so they can see bub coming out. But then again, they’re 8 and 9 so they might be too grossed out to look. A torch for Miss K might be a good idea too. I’m sure she’d be interested (if she’s awake).
My idea of this birth in my head is at night in the quiet while everyone sleeps. I doubt that’s how it will go but it’s really how I’d like it to go.
Off to Toys R Us to see if they have any of those Soothers left from their sale. I don’t want to spend $70 on one when I can get it for $35.
No comments:
Post a Comment