Wow this first trimester is just flying by. It feels like I found out eons ago but it was only 5 short weeks ago.
I still get queasy during the day but have managed to keep it under control until the evening.
Tonight we’re having Roast Lamb. I really need the red meat.
I’m a little nervous because I haven’t been taking prenatal vitamins. This is because they make me sick. I’ve picked up some folate tablets which I’ll start tonight. Hopefully everything I need I’ve been getting from food anyway and bub is healthy and growing well.
I’ve almost got my newborn nappy stash together. I’m just organising some Newborn AI2’s to take out with me when bub is tiny. Because I don’t know what I’m having yet, I’m trying to keep it as gender neutral as I can. I keep leaning toward girly stuff but have to remind myself that I don’t know yet. I don’t think my family would be impressed if I went and bought all girl clothes and girly nappies and it turned out to be a boy. I wouldn’t be impressed with me either.
I did splurge on clearance items from Baby Safari. I couldn’t resist the $15.00 Nappies. They’re basic and practical and I’ve tried them before and they’re great on small babies. I also got clearance mama pads as well. Bargain!
I should get a call from the Midwife next week sometime. I’m very excited to get that organised. I’m waiting on blood results. They usually take 3 days so shouldn’t be too long now. Probably tomorrow.
My pants… oh my pants… are getting tight. I was hoping they would last a little longer. But with all the extra food I’ve been eating, I shouldn’t be surprised. I still had 5kgs from the last pregnancy left over. I hope I don’t balloon.
I’ll start taking pictures from Wed. Just once every few weeks to mark how I’m growing.
The kids father called me today to see how I was. I don’t know if he’s genuinely interested or if he’s waiting for some bad news. It’s confusing. When he comes to see the kids I don’t know if I can share how I’m feeling with him or not. I guess I just will and he’ll stop coming over for a chat if he can’t handle it.
No comments:
Post a Comment