I have no idea when I ovulated in December and thought I had been careful enough using billings and withdrawal. Clearly these are not a good method of contraception, but given that I am still BF my 16 month old I didn't want to use anything stronger.
So the month comes and goes, not dissimilar to the previous month. I complained of feeling hungrier at work, just like the month before, so thought nothing of it.
When my Best-friend started complaining about PMS and noted that I should have my period by now I dismissed it as her inaccurate calculations. Finally after Christmas I lamented that I hadn't had my period and was now a week late. I am NEVER late.
So I had a spare test in my undie draw, as any mother does. I decided to wait until the morning because I knew the hormones would be stronger then.
So 6am I start feeling full and get up to go to the bathroom. In my haze I grab the test, pee on it and wait. Within seconds it comes up with a bright pink line. The control line looked a little week so I went on a forum and asked if the test was faulty. Everyone said it was definitely a positive.
So freak out time. I am still Breast-feeding Miss K. She is still co-sleeping and I am single. Not to mention I share a 3 bedroom house with my mother. I have no idea how this is going to work but I will figure it out along the way.
I haven’t yet told my mother. I know she is going to react badly. I don’t know if I’m ready to feel like a teenager again. I thought I’d wait until 12 weeks. Maybe until I’m showing.. maybe when the baby comes out, I don’t know. All I know is that I’m having a baby. It will be my last. I only ever wanted 4 and I wanted them all by 30. So I’ve achieved one goal in life. Even if I’m not happily married. I am happily single, and the father is great with the other three so I know he’ll be great with this one.
So here it is, in pink and white….the beginning of another pregnancy journey. Hopefully the most amazing yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment