Ok so since I don't really get 'morning sickness' I'm renaming it to Pregnancy sickness. It kicked in about a week and a half ago. It is worse when I haven't had enough water, and in the evening when I've been eating all day and I'm bloated.
Yesterday I managed to ward it off for most of the day. I ate toast for breakfast, a Chicken burger for lunch, 2 Nectarines for afternoon snack and chilli (not very good chilli) for dinner.
Tonight I think I'm going to eat a soup. I'm a bit over Red meat in tomato sauce.
I've gone off coffee. This is the first time in all my pregnancies that I've gone off coffee. I've switched to hot chocolate instead and only in small amounts.
Fruit is my friend. And of course veggies and pasta. Rice not so much. I think I'll be going shopping today because I really need something fruity. Even if it's in a can. I don't care, I just need fruit. But no Bananas.
So as mild as this PS is for now, I'm hoping that this is it. It has been great not feeling sick all day. It makes my work days a lot more pleasant. There is nothing worse than feeling ill all day and having to pretend in front of colleagues.
On another note - my milk supply has dropped significantly and I'm concerned that Miss K will be forced to wean before she's ready. I do hold out hope that she will take it back up once my milk comes back after baby is born, but she is a bit possessive, so I'm also afraid she wont share very well. I guess she has a few months left before colostrum takes over. And a few months to become aware of what a baby is.
I wont be telling Mr J and Mr N until I'm showing. So it's going to be a challenge hiding it from them. The only reason I'm doing this is out of respect for their Dad. He has asked that I not say anything to them for a while. These reasons will be revealed in a later post.
Next weekend I tell my mum. I'm a bit scared but I need to say something. Then she will know why I've been lying around so much more than normal.
All in all I feel pretty ok with everything. As long as I'm getting enough rest I don't feel horrible and I think I can make this work.
Now to just book a Dr's appointment to 'officially' confirm everything. I don't think I want any scans but I might get one just to make sure everything is ok in there before I start telling people. (I've told most people anyway but family I haven't told yet).
No comments:
Post a Comment