Yesterday I told mum I was pregnant. It went a little better than I thought it would. She laughed in shock, then made some remarks about my job, laughed some more and then settled on ‘babies are precious gifts’. So that part is over. At some stage I will have to tell my brothers and my Dad, neither of which will go nearly as well as Mum. I’m not looking forward to that.
I’ve decided to pursue a home birth. I’ve spoken to a lovely midwife who has time available in August and I’ll be meeting with her and her partner midwife in a few weeks to find out if we click. I really hope we do. She is local to me, sounds like she has the same birthing model to me and sounded really friendly and bubbly but professional. The price is something to consider, but I don’t mind it so much. I have had 3 public births so since I can afford this, I’m going to go ahead with it.
I thought I’d add some fluffy goodness to this post. I’ve decided to go with lushies and Bamboo prefolds for belly babe when they arrive. I do have 3 kisaluvs and some nicnaps AI2’s on the way but the majority of home stash will be squishy bamboo goodness. I’m not sure if the Andi pandy Bummis cover is unisex enough but when they’re newborns, who cares what colours they wear right?
No comments:
Post a Comment