Friday, July 22, 2011

Somewhere around 35 weeks

I am on Maternity leave!!!  Yippee!!  Even though I' was only working 2 days a week, they were a rough 2 days a week with the early starts and the trying to walk at a reasonable pace to be able to eat breakfast before I started (Usually banana bread at my desk while I worked).  It will be so good to go at my own pace and not have to rush in the last few weeks before baby is born.

I had a dream about the baby being born.  Weird one too.  I woke up (in my dream) and had pushed him out. He slipped over the side of the bed with the cord wrapped around his neck but he was fine.  I just unhooked the cord without any fear and that was that.  Probably some residual fear from the dramatic cord cutting of my second son’s birth where it was apparently too tight and they thought he got stuck after they cut it.  I really don’t think he got stuck, my lack of contractions were from being YELLED at during pushing.  Nothing like having fear set of that fight or flight reflex in a birthing mother.  In my dream it was perfectly normal for him to come out with a cord around his neck.  No panic, just unwrap and move on. 

I went a bit crazy this week.  I bought a Beetlebums carrier.  I’m so happy with it.  Here’s the preview of it from the website.  It’s still in Transit to me.

RosaandPedro013

Yes I have too many.  So I’ll sell some and keep the most comfy ones.  Eventually I’d probably sell them all, and it’s nice to have variety. 

I jumped on the maternity leave bandwagon a day early (Thursday) so all the baby’s nappies, clothes and blankets are clean and dry. I just need to put them away.  I also need to make frozen meals.  I want to fill the freezer up with anything freezeable so I don’t have to worry about cooking.  Pretty sure we’d end up eating take away every night if it was left up to mum.  Not what a recovering birthing, tandem feeding mother needs to fill her body with after birth.  So I need a list of healthy meals that can be frozen. I don’t mind cooking the carbs (Rice and pasta etc) on the day, but I want the majority of it to be ready so I don’t have to cut and mix and put in a lot of effort.  Especially at that time of day when most babies decide it’s crying time.

I don’t fit into many of my maternity clothes.  My belly is just too big.  My jeans are too tight (*sob) and my shirts seem to ride up at any opportunity.  Right now I am wearing my mother’s size 16 pants because they are just so bloody comfy.  I hope she doesn’t mind.  Even my tracksuit pants are too tight.  Probably because they’re a size 12 and if I’m being real with myself, my arse is now a size 14.  I have big plans for exercise when bub is out.  I need to get back into shape before my metabolism slows down to a crawl and it’s a fight to work on my muscles.  So I have my jogger pram and my baby carriers and the boys now have a scooter each. I will be attempting to do more walking.  And when I can afford to fix my bike, buy Master N a bike and get one of those back pull a long seat things for the babies I will be going for rides a long the water front.  But that’s all about 2.5 months away at the moment.  Got to focus on the impending birth and recovery first. 

Time to get everyone ready for the day.  Big cleaning day today.  The house is looking quite neglected from this week.  But now that should be sorted with me being home.  Maternity leave Yippee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment