Saturday, July 30, 2011

I’m full

Heading into my 36th week.  I don’t feel as big as this picture makes me look.  It will be interesting to see how big he turns out to be.  I’m guessing no more than 8lb 5oz.  Probably lower.  The fullness is deceiving.  He isn’t taking up my whole belly space.  I’d say his bum (he is bum up) is just above the midway mark.  So I have a lot of room with just fluid.  Certainly make’s it easier to breathe and I haven’t had much heart burn unless I eat too much or take all my vitamins at once.

Today I should be having a photo shoot with an up and coming photographer.  It hasn’t really been confirmed yet. So it will be this afternoon or Wednesday next week.

The belly cramps have started to intensify.  A little bit excited about that.  Practice makes perfect right? 

I do dread picking things up off the floor at the moment.  Which is probably why I’m avoiding sweeping and mopping.  I’ll see if I can sweep everything into a pile and have mum pick up the stuff to save.  When I bend over it sends my belly into a braxton hicks spasming mess and I have to sit down for about 10 minutes. 

We’re testing the birth pool today.  Exciting.  I just hope the hose will fit nicely to the tap.  Pictures to follow.

I’ve made my birth announcement.  As much as I can anyway.  I still need a name, date and measurements but the template is there. 

For the purpose of this viewing I am using my second son’s image in the announcement because it doesn’t look right empty. 

The layout is made with Sweet Baby Boy kit by Carolyn Rose Kite.  (I can’t link it because CRK has retired from designing as per facebook 30/6/2011)

Birth-Announcement-1-sample

I bought myself a new mattress which is being delivered on Thursday.  I was getting a bit concerned about the old mattress Miss K and I sleep on.  It is severely warped in the middle so we both gravitate that way.  Not safe for co-sleeping with a newbie.  I also need to tighten the bolts in my bed frame.  It’s getting a bit creaky, which is freaking me out, every time I roll over.  I’ve had a bed collapse while I’ve been sleeping on it before (granted it was a fake cast iron bed) so I’m especially paranoid. 

I also have the car seat for Miss K.  I upgraded her and I’ll get a capsule for Belly baby (which is being installed tomorrow) until he’s bigger and I feel better about him going into the convertible. 

So aside from that I’m pretty much ready to have this baby.  His clothes are washed, nappies are ready, I have my supplies for home birth.  I’m having my Mother’s Blessing celebration next Saturday.  I don’t feel strapped for time at all (YAY). 

Tomorrow there will be a stash picture of all my carriers and wraps before I send one to a friend to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment